Tuesday, March 6, 2012

THE SPLASH & DASH

I have a confession to make: I used to HATE running.

I am being absolutely, positively serious! I loved to lift weights, dance, and do other forms of exercise... but running was out of the question. 

in fact, if i had told my own mother that i had gone running, she would have laughed in my face. that is how much i hated it.

 and then... my life changed.

In January, my roommate and I decided to start running in order to prepare for a half-marathon later this year. At first it was awful and I was compelled to run due to my dear roommate's persistence; but then something happened that I never thought would. I started to like running. 

As crazy as it sounds, it is true! Running relaxed me in a way I never believed possible... I even began running without listening to any music. just me and my thoughts on the track.

Some of you may think: "dang, this girl is craaaaaazy!" While others might agree with the freedom that running brings. 
IF YOU FEEL THAT FREEDOM... 
COME PARTICIPATE IN THE BYU BIATHLON or 5k run!
We have affectionately termed this event:
THE SPLASH & DASH


 
The Biathlon includes Beginner, Standard, Elite and Team

Beginner $10 ..... ¼ mile swim, 3K
                                         Standard $12..... ½ mile swim, 5K
                                         Elite $15..... 1 mile swim, 10K Run
                                         Team $20..... 1 mile swim, 10K Run
                                         5k Run $10..... 5K
**The 5K run is for all ages and abilities! So bring friends, kiddos, grandma/grandpa, etc. and come have some fun!**

One of the best parts about the Splash & Dash is..... Prizes for the top 3 (men and women) in each division! Which rocks. No joke. Oh and did I mention that you get an amazing t-shirt if you register!

So, say you have a friend that goes to UVU... or an uncle that lives in Pleasant Grove... and you DESPERATELY want them to run with you. HAVE NO FEAR! You do not need to be a BYU student to participate in the Splash & Dash.

Tickets sold at the BYU Wilkinson Center Information Desk.  You will need to come in to register for the race [in order to get the time/heat that you want!] However, if you are registering for the 5k, you can come the morning-of and sign-up then! This is for all you procrastinators out there! C:

If you have any questions, e-mail Loren Wynn loren_wynn@byu.edu
.OR.
***Want to volunteer? Email Jen Spille jennifer_spille@byu.edu***

4 comments:

  1. You guys should get Lindsey Stirling, #byuAlumni to perform at BYU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complete with dinner and drinks Events, an emotional ceremony and a dance-party reception, The NotWedding has become a killer alternative to a bridal show. The hand-selected special perform their services as they would at a real wedding, and the “wedding guests” get to hear the music, taste the cakes, and smell the flowers… while enjoying a night of great food, dancing and surprises, leaving brides-to-be saying “I want my wedding to be just like that!”.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your post. Very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This information is superbly attractive that I couldn’t resist commenting
    Exhibition Stand Designers Dubai 

    ReplyDelete